Our Firm

Farrar, Hennesy & Tanner, LLC initially began when Arthur Curtis Farrar, Sr. (Arthur Farrar), opened his law office in Douglas, Ga., on June 1, 1949. Arthur Curtis Farrar, Sr., graduated from Georgia Southern College, Statesboro, Ga. and taught school until he was drafted into the Army as a Major. He enrolled in Mercer University Law School and graduated law school in June of 1949 at the age of 36.

In 1969 Arthur Curtis Farrar, Jr. (Curtis Farrar), graduated cum laude from Mercer University, Walter F. Georgia School of Law and joined the firm at which time it became known as “Farrar & Farrar.” Curtis Farrar was a member of the State Bar of Georgia and Georgia Trial Lawyers Association for over 30 years. He served on four separate Governors’ Study Committees on Workers’ Compensation for the State of Georgia and made various speeches on workers’ compensation and related topics throughout the state of Georgia. Curtis Farrar was appointed by Governor Joe Frank Harris to the Board of Directors of the Georgia Department of Natural Resources. He was later appointed to serve on the Board of Directors of the Georgia Ports Authority. After practicing law for approximately 40 years, Curtis Farrar retired on December 31, 2007. Even though Curtis left the day-to-day operation of the practice in the capable hands of Joey Hennesy, Drew Tanner, Kirk Farrar and Matt Hennesy, he remains a valuable asset. Joey Hennesy has since retired on December 31, 2011. Drew Tanner, Kirk Farrar, and Matt Hennesy continue to practice in the traditions of excellence established by both Joey and Curtis.

Since June 1, 1949, the original Farrar Law Firm and its successors changed the name to the current status as Farrar, Hennesy & Tanner, LLC, and has proudly served Douglas, Coffee County and Georgia as proud members of the Bar. The law firm has always been based on professionalism, integrity and hard work.
Farrar, Hennesy & Tanner, LLC also has deep roots in the charitable giving of time and money. In the years of 2001-2002, the firm received recognition from the Douglas-Coffee County Chamber of Commerce as ‘Small Business of the Quarter” and “Small Business of the Year.” It is the firm’s belief that this honor was bestowed upon the firm largely in part to their giving back to the community. Some of the charities and organizations the firm has supported include, but are not limited to The Hope Center, Salvation Army, Coffee County Food bank, various churches in and around Coffee County, Boy Scouts of America, American Cancer Society (Relay for Life), American Heart Association, Coffee County School System, Academic Booster Club, Athletic Booster Club, Coffee Alliance for the Arts, Community Service Organizations’ (Lions Club, Rotary Club, etc.) projects and many individuals.

In September of 2011, Farrar, Hennesy, & Tanner, LLC chose to join our office staff and many other volunteers in establishing the CHILDHOOD CANCER AWARENESS GROUP OF COFFEE COUNTY, a nonprofit organization. The group was established to raise funds and provide emotional support for families struggling with the financial and emotional effects caused by childhood cancers. Kirk Farrar currently serves as Chairman of the Board of Directors of the nonprofit group.



Why
Farrar, Hennesy & Tanner?

Website Developed By The Marko Group

The material presented on this site is included with the understanding and agreement that Farrar, Hennesy & Tanner, LLC is not engaged in rendering legal or other professional services by posting said material. The services of a competent professional should be sought if legal or other specific expert assistance is required. By posting and/or maintaining this website and its content, Farrar, Hennesy & Tanner, LLC does not intend to solicit legal business from clients located in states of jurisdictions where Farrar, Hennesy & Tanner, LLC or its individual attorneys are not licensed or authorized to practice law. Some links within this website may lead to other sites. Farrar, Hennesy & Tanner, LLC does not necessarily sponsor, endorse or otherwise approve of the materials appearing in such sites.