Do I have a case?
Maybe. Were you injured? Was someone else at fault for your injuries? Personal injury cases are complex and no two cases are the same. Give us a call and one of our attorneys will review your case and answer all of your questions.

How much does it cost to meet with an attorney to review my case?
There is no charge for a consultation to review to your case.

Do I need an attorney to represent me against the insurance company?
Absolutely. The insurance company has teams of lawyers to represent their interests. It is important that you protect your rights as well. In addition, injury claims have statute of limitations that can prevent a recovery if they are not followed. If our attorneys think you will be able to handle your claim on your own, you will be told such.

Can I afford an attorney?
Yes. Farrar, Hennesy & Tanner represents clients on a contingency fee basis. If we do not recover money for your claim you do not have to pay a fee.

What should I bring with me when I meet with an attorney?
Any accident reports, medical bills, insurance information (including your insurance information), correspondence from the insurance company, pictures from the accident, and any other documents that you have that may help us evaluate your claim.

Should I speak with the insurance adjuster before speaking with an attorney.
No. Much like in a criminal case, anything you say can be used against you.

Auto Accident FAQ

How long do I have to file a claim (lawsuit) for injuries from an automobile wreck?
Injury claims must be filed within two years from the date of the accident. However, if you have a serious injury claim we recommend you consult with an attorney as soon as possible so that your case can be properly evaluated and all of your rights can be protected.

If I was not at fault why do I need to notify my car insurance company?
It is important to notify your insurance company as soon as possible after an accident because the person at fault may be uninsured or underinsured and you may need to make a claim against your insurance as well as the insurance for the at fault party. Most insurance companies require “notice of a claim” and failure to give notice could allow the insurance company to deny your claim.

Does the insurance company have to pay for a rental car if my car is damaged in a wreck?
Yes. You are entitled to be compensated for the “loss of use” of your vehicle following a car wreck while your car is repaired. Usually the insurance company will set up a car rental for the period while your car is being repaired.

Can I use my health insurance to pay for my medical bills related to my car wreck?
Yes. However, some health insurance policies have provisions that require reimbursement for any bills that are caused by the negligence of a third party. It is important to consult an attorney who can help you with these complex issues in claims.

What kinds of damages can I recover due to my car wreck?
Generally you can recover for property damage, medical bills (past and future), pain and suffering, lost wages, and loss of consortium. Other damages could also be recovered depending on the unique circumstances of your case. Please consult one of our attorneys to make sure you recover for all of the damages that you have incurred.

What if I have additional questions about my car wreck?
Call us today and we will be happy to assist you.

Workers’ Compensation FAQ

Am I eligible for workers’ compensation benefits if I am a part-time employee or a newly hired employee?
Yes, potentially. Part-time employees are provided the same protections under Georgia’s Workers’ Compensation Act as full time workers. In addition, new employees are covered immediately after they begin work. Consult us to verify you are classified as an employee.

How much will I be paid each week if the doctor determines that I am unable to work?
If you are injured on the job and are unable to work you will be entitled to draw weekly Temporary Total Disability Benefits (TTD Benefits). The amount of your weekly check will be determined by calculating your average weekly wage in the 13 weeks prior to the date of accident. Your TTD benefit amount will be 2/3 of the average weekly wage. For injuries that occurred after July 1, 2013, the maximum benefit is $525 per week. TTD benefits are often miscalculated. To make sure you are receiving the correct weekly benefit call us today for a free consultation.

If I am injured in a car wreck while on the job can I file a workers’ compensation claim and a claim against the person who caused the wreck?
Yes, potentially. If you have been injured in a car wreck while on the job, you have two distinct claims. These claims are very fact specific. It is important that you contact an attorney that is familiar with workers’ compensation as well as automobile claims to make a determination about all potentially liable persons.

Can I choose my own doctor when I have been injured on the job?
Generally you have to choose from a panel of physicians provided by the employer. However, if the employer denies your claim or if they do not provide a doctor or panel of physicians, you may be able to choose your own physician. Please contact us if you have questions about the medical treatment you are being provided for your on the job injury.

If I am injured what should I do?
If you are injured on the job you should immediately notify your employer. Often times workers are injured and think they have a minor injury that ends up becoming more serious. Employers then try to claim that they did not have notice of an injury and will deny your rights to benefits. Contact us immediately if your employer claims lack of notice of your injury as the basis for denial of your benefits.

Can I sue my employer for an on the job injury?
Typically no. Workers’ compensation is the exclusive remedy injured workers have for on the job injuries. However, if your injury on the job is caused by a third party’s negligence (car wreck, defective product, etc.) you may be able to file an additional claim. Please contact us if you have been injured by a third party’s negligence while on the job.

What if I have additional questions about my on the job injury?
Call us today and we will be happy to assist you.

Farrar, Hennesy & Tanner?

Website Developed By The Marko Group

The material presented on this site is included with the understanding and agreement that Farrar, Hennesy & Tanner, LLC is not engaged in rendering legal or other professional services by posting said material. The services of a competent professional should be sought if legal or other specific expert assistance is required. By posting and/or maintaining this website and its content, Farrar, Hennesy & Tanner, LLC does not intend to solicit legal business from clients located in states of jurisdictions where Farrar, Hennesy & Tanner, LLC or its individual attorneys are not licensed or authorized to practice law. Some links within this website may lead to other sites. Farrar, Hennesy & Tanner, LLC does not necessarily sponsor, endorse or otherwise approve of the materials appearing in such sites.